Cement Retainer, K-1 Mechanical Set
The K-1 cement retainer’s two-way valve is controlled from the surface; no springs to cock or stick; just pick up to close; set down to open. Maximum clearance for fast running plus improved drillability and pressure ratings make it the right choice.
- Tubing or electric line set — can be set by mechanical or hydraulic methods on tubing or drillpipe or run and set on electric line
- Faster, safer run-in–run-in speed is up to the operator — Baker Hughes’ locked construction design and larger clearance make this possible
- Tests tubing–tubing can be tested before squeezing by picking up to close the valve and applying pressure
- Holds final squeeze pressure — automatic closing of the valve when picking up or removal of stinger, ensures holding the squeeze under final pressure as cement is circulated out
- Isolates squeeze from hydrostatic pressure — keeping hydrostatic pressure off the zone just squeezed is important, especially for cementing low fluid-level wells in batch-squeeze operations–Baker Hughes’ unique valve guarantees an effective seal
- Fast drillout–new material specifications developed especially for the K-1 cement retainers result in faster drillout
The K-1 cement retainer is available with two different durometer packing elements for oilfield use. For well temperatures up to 225°F (107.22°C) a 70 HD packing element can be used. For well conditions from 100°F (37.78°C) — 400°F (204.44°C) a 90 HD packing element is recommended.