Well Plug and Abandonment Course * Cancelled
- Explain the regulations, guidelines and phases involved in a P&A project.
- Describe different well structures and the equipment required to access the well
- Solve common P&A challenges through an understanding of the P&A process for specific types of wells
- Discuss the service company and operator project optimization best practices to improve the efficiency of P&A projects.
Course Length:3 days
This 3 day course presents an excellent introduction to well plug and abandonment methodologies to address the Oil and Gas industry’s increasing P&A challenges. The course teaches oil and gas industry professionals about plug and abandonment operations; including P&A regulations and guidelines, step by step P&A process, P&A project optimization and the value of fit for purpose P&A engineering design and integrated P&A operations. The comprehensive course structure includes the following topics:
- Regional Regulations and Operator Standards
- Subsea Well Structure and Well Access Systems
- Subsea Well Construction and Infrastructure
- Vessels and Well Access Systems
- Platform/Subsea Well Abandonment
- Lower and Upper Well Abandonment
- Subsea Wellhead Removal
- Integrated Well P&A Operations
- Activity: Group Project P&A Scenarios
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Houston, Texas
- Dubai, UAE
- Aberdeen, UK
- Customer on-site course available
Request a class
Can't find the class or class offering you'd like? Please email us with the class and date range you'd like to see offered and we will contact you with any additional questions. contact us.
Who Should Attend
Personnel who support or are involved in well plug and abandonment design and operations.
- Drilling Engineers
- Wellsite Supervisors
- Petroleum Engineers
- Completions Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Government Regulators