Principles of Cementing
- Prevent health, safety, and environmental risks during cementing operations.
- Evaluate cementing logistics.
- Identify and provide supporting data for cementing operations.
- Discuss the use and function of casing equipment (centralizers, plugs, float collars, shoes, etc.) that supports cementing operations.
Course Length:5 days
This course provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of primary cementing, and illustrates the adverse effects that poor-quality primary cementing can have upon well performance. Remediation using squeeze cementing techniques are discussed and analyzed, as are secondary cementing techniques. Basic cement equipment and layout at the well-site is presented. The physical and chemical properties of cement and slurries calculation, including additives and effects, are reviewed. Basic volume and displacement calculation are performed. Topics include:
- Casing cementing
- Cement additives
- Good vs. bad cementing practices
- Job design requirements
- Houston, Texas, USA
- Dubai, UAE
- Customer on-site course available
Request a class
Can't find the class or class offering you'd like? Please email us with the class and date range you'd like to see offered and we will contact you with any additional questions. contact us.
Who Should Attend
Personnel who support drilling activity, cement design or well planning.
- Drilling Engineers
- Engineering Manager
- Cementing Engineers
- Rig Supervisors
- Cementing Supervisors
Fill out our quick survey and receive a coupon code to use on your next order of Baker Hughes Tech Facts Engineering Handbook.