Pore Pressure Prediction
- Predict excess geo-pressures and fracture gradients using multiple prediction and measurement methodologies to avoid kicks, losses, and wellbore instabilities.
Course Length:2 days
- See online schedule
- Customer on-site course available
Who Should Attend
Personnel whose work is affected by the mechanical behavior of rock in a well, reservoir, or the overburden.
- Drilling Engineers
- Completions Engineers
- Wellsite Supervisors
- Petroleum Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Production Engineers
- Earth Scientists
- Reservoir Engineers
- Geologists and Geophysicists
Through exercises, discussion, and case studies, this course provides the participants with strategies for making pore pressure predictions. Participants learn a variety of pore pressure calculation methodologies, where practical exercises build expertise in handling the data used to make pore pressure predictions.
- Response of sediment physical properties to changes in stress and pressure
- Overpressure generating mechanisms
- Pore pressure calculation methods
- Data sources for predicting pore pressure
- Pore pressure prediction workflow
- Pore pressure measurements
- Pressure compartments and seals
- Fracture pressure and wellbore stresses
Request a class
Can't find the class or class offering you'd like? Please email us with the class and date range you'd like to see offered and we will contact you with any additional questions. contact us.