Oilfield Geomechanics Online Instructor Led Training
2 weeks (5 days per week, 2 hours per lecture)
- Drilling, Completions and Well Engineering
- Production Engineering, Operations Engineering and Wellsite Management
- Geology, Geophysics, Geomechanics
- Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
- Research and Development
This course provides a systematic and fit-for-purpose approach that integrates rock mechanics principles and data measurements with drilling practices, particularly the intricate relationship between borehole stability, lost circulation, hole cleaning and ECD, in addressing and mitigating wellbore integrity problems. The course extends beyond the traditional mechanical approach to include improved geomechanical understanding of the influence of other critical elements such as chemical, thermal and fluid penetration on wellbore stability. Such understanding is critical and necessary for the optimal formulation of drilling fluids. Additionally, LOT, fluid loss and wellbore strengthening fundamentals will be covered. Throughout the course, case studies from different parts of the world ranging from offshore drilling in Brazil to land drilling in the Middle East will be presented to reinforce the concepts and their applications.Upon completion, the participant will be issued a certificate indicating their participation.
- Principles of borehole geomechanics
- Mechanical wellbore stability
- Drilling through shales and faults
- Drilling in/near salt bodies
- Temperature and time-dependency
- Leak-off-Test (LOT) - Re-examined
- Mud losses and wellbore strengthening
- Improving well delivery - integrating geomechanics with well planning and drilling practices
- Acquire a good understanding of wellbore stability and well integrity management
- Learn how a systematic and judicious application of geomechanics can help reducing costs and improving cycle times
Online Instruction Format
- We provide access to recordings of the lectures to mitigate the effects of connection problems or schedule conflicts.
- The instructor will be available to answer questions through a class messaging function outside of lecture hours.
- We provide digital copies of course materials for download.
- Upon completion, the participant will be issued a certificate indicating their participation.
Fill out our quick survey and receive a coupon code to use on your next order of Baker Hughes Tech Facts Engineering Handbook.