2 Day - Sand Production Prediction and Sand Management
Sand Production Prediction and Sand Management
This 2-day Sand Production Prediction and Sand Managementcourse helps participants better understand the likelihood of sand (solids) production during the field lifetime, sand production prediction evaluation methods, sand control types and selection of sand control and the principles of sand (solids) management in oil and gas wells.
- Physics of rock failure and sand production
- Sand management principles
- In situ stresses and rock strength modelling
- Rock strength testing for sanding analysis, procedures, QC and log-calibration
- Grain size analysis principles, best practices
- Sand production prediction methods: empirical, analytical and numerical
- Merits and limitations of current sand prediction methodologies
- Case studies of sand production prediction, validation with field data
- Sand control methods: active & passive sand controls, surface handling, selection criteria
- Merits of today’s sand control technologies and process of defining optimum sand control type
- Solids lift modelling and sanding monitoring
- Assessing severity and implication of compaction on sand control
- This course is for anyone interested or involved in making decisions regarding sand management strategies, sanding evaluation, field, well and core data acquisition, the impact of sand control on well performance and the optimum sand control method.
- Development Geologists
- Petrophysicists and Rock Mechanics Specialists
- Production Engineers / Technologists
- Drilling and Completion / Well Engineers
- Petroleum and Reservoir Engineers.
Participants who purchase this class at the same time as a subsequent class will receive a $300 discount at checkout. See the products to the right for options:
Request a class
Can't find the class or class offering you'd like? Please email us with the class and date range you'd like to see offered and we will contact you with any additional questions. contact us.