Geomechanics in Unconventional Reservoirs/Shale Plays
This 2-day course will enable participants to relate the principles of geomechanics to drilling, completing and stimulating shale gas wells. The course focuses on the basic principles of stress analysis and the measurement and determination of geomechanical properties relevant to fracture permeability predictions and hydraulic fracturing modeling.
- Unconventional Reservoirs Characterization
- Fractured Reservoirs / Methods Used to Predict Permeable Fracture Sets
- Available tools for Environmental Risks and Cost Minimization
- This course is for anyone involved in drilling and completion optimization, and reservoir behavior.
- Reservoir Engineers
- Geologists / Geophysicists
- Drilling Engineers / Well Planners
- Operations and HSE controllers
- Drilling, Reservoir, Operations and HSE Managers
Participants who purchase this class at the same time as a subsequent GMI class will receive a $300 discount at checkout. See the products to the right for options:
Request a class
Can't find the class or class offering you'd like? Please email us with the class and date range you'd like to see offered and we will contact you with any additional questions. contact us.
Fill out our quick survey and receive a coupon code to use on your next order of Baker Hughes Tech Facts Engineering Handbook.