Baker Hughes Variable Speed Drive (VSD) Operations
This course prepares the participant to operate the Baker Hughes Variable Speed Drive (VSD). The use of a simulator provides hands-on learning using the Graphic Control System (GCS) controller. The course also covers the technology of the VSD and troubleshooting strategies.
- Operate the Baker Hughes VSD to support operations of Baker Hughes’ electrical submersible pumps (ESPs)
- Identify major assemblies and subcomponents of the VSD
- Complete setup procedure to operate an Electrical Submersible Pumping System
- Adjust key parameters to fine-tune the VSD for efficient operation
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the Baker Hughes VSD
Course Length: 3 days
- Houston, Texas
- Dubai, UAE
Who Should Attend
Personnel supporting ESP operations.
- Production Managers
- Production Supervisors
- Field Operators
- Petroleum Engineers
- Production Engineers
- VSD technology
- Operation of the GCS Controller
- Initial setup of operating parameters
- Setting up custom user screens
- Troubleshooting a variable speed drive
Request a class
Can't find the class or class offering you'd like? Please email us with the class and date range you'd like to see offered and we will contact you with any additional questions.