Opti-Cut Carbide Rod
The cutting structures created with METAL MUNCHER™ advanced milling technology (AMT) milling inserts offer enhanced wear rate, impact resistance, and cutting edge, resulting in shortened milling time.
SUPERLOY™ material is composed of crushed sintered-tungsten particles that are suspended in a special copper-base, brazing-type alloy with high nickel content, and is used to dress cutters and mills to maximize cutting effectiveness.
Opti-Cut™ cutters provide a technological improvement over standard products, and are suitable for applications such as high impact or interrupted-cut milling.
Increase rate of penetration with optimum-shaped geometry and enhanced cutting edges
Baker Hughes Opti-Cut™ cutters are used for thru-tubing fishing, packer milling, washover shoes, casing/tubular cutting, and milling anywhere extremely sharp cutting edges are desirable. They are available in rods similar to the SUPERLOY™ crushed carbide rods, and are manufactured using the same unique, proprietary heat guidelines.
Opti-Cut™ cutters provide a technological improvement over standard products, and are suitable for applications such as high impact or interrupted-cut milling. They perform like the SUPERLOY carbide cutters, but each piece optimizes identical geometry so that no matter how the cutter is placed on the body of the cutting or milling tool, a sharp cutting edge or point faces up: as the cutter is worn down, new cutting edges and points are exposed. The Opti-Cut cutter has 16 cutting points and eight cutting edges for superior cutting ability
Sold per pound with a 10 pound minimum purchase.
- Thru-tubing fishing
- Milling packers
- Washover shoes
- Cutting casing and tubulars
- Optimum-shaped geometry – Ensures that cutting edges and points always face up
- 16 cutting points and eight cutting edges – Provides superior cutting ability
- Sharper edges and points – Lowers weight and Increases rate of penetration
- Rod form – Eases application
- Increased surface area – Improves bonding to base metal
- Dual concave ends – Exposes maximum area of cutting points
- Smaller cuttings – Allows for easier circulation out of hole Opti-Cut™ cutters
Visit www.bakerhughes.com/fishingservices to find out how Baker Hughes Opti-Cut cutters can increase the rate of penetration with consistently sharp edges.