Fundamentals of Directional Drilling & Formation Evaluation Seminar
- Buy 10 for $396.00 each and save 1%
- Grow awareness in directional drilling:
- Historical beginnings
- Drill bits and applications
- Well Planning
- Latest technologies
- Grow awareness in formation evaluation:
- Reservoir attributes
- LWD and Wireline methods
- Log data principles and applications
Course Length: 2 days
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed primarily for new employees with none to five years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Drilling Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Reservoir Engineers
- Wellsite Supervisors
- Managers (who deal with drilling and formation evaluation operations)
This 2-day seminar provides an introduction to drill bits, directional drilling and formation evaluation fundamentals. Day 1 will focus on drill bits and directional drilling fundamentals, including a tour of Baker Hughes’ state-of-the-art drill bits manufacturing facility in the Woodlands. Discussions will include technologies and applications of drill bits and directional drilling.
Day 2 will focus on formation evaluation fundamentals centered about key reservoir characteristics. Methods of data acquisition will be discussed with primary focus and LWD and Wireline methods. Several examples will be used o demonstrate gamma ray, resistivity, bulk density, neutron porosity acoustics and magnetic resonance logging principles. The session will end with a demonstration of hydrocarbon saturation estimation.
- Directional drilling applications
- Well planning
- Directional drilling control methods
- Automated & rotary steerable systems
- Key reservoir characteristics
- Methods of well logging
- Well logging principles: gamma ray, resistivity, density, neutron, acoustics and magnetic resonance