LATIRATE™ rate of penetration (ROP) enhancer (55 gallon drum)
The Baker Hughes LATIRATE™ rate of penetration (ROP) enhancer and lubricant reduces friction that causes torque and drag, improving sliding efficiency and penetration rates in directional and extended-reach wells.
Designed for water-based drilling fluids, the LATIRATE additive is easy to use. It is completely water dispersible, mixes readily in most muds, and can be easily applied to the mud system. The additive works effectively in low concentrations and is temperature stable with a low pour point of 1.4°F (-17°C).
The LATIRATE ROP enhancer may be used alone or as one of three core products that comprise the Baker Hughes LATIDRILL™ high-performance water-based fluid system. Because the LATIDRILL system’s formulation uses fewer products, field personnel have the ability to quickly mix a robust fluid system with an improved rheological profile and easily maintainable, faster stabilizing properties.
For optimum performance, the LATIRATE ROP enhancer and lubricant additive should be used in water-based fluids at an initial concentration of 2 to 4% by volume. It can be added to the mud pit close to the agitator and suction line, or alternatively to the low-pressure side of the mud pump.
Safety Data Sheet (pdf)
- Enhanced lubricity and reduced torque and drag
- Increases drilling efficiency
- Decreases nonproductive time
- Enhances hole cleaning
- Improves cuttings management, weight-on-bit, and directional control
- Minimizes bit balling and accretion
- Reduces bottomhole assembly vibration
- Efficient drilling enhancer chemistry
- Disperses readily and effectively in water-based fluid systems with minimal effect on viscosity
- Effective in low concentrations
- Minimizes treatment time and costs
- Reduces inventory requirements
- Low pour point
- Facilitates use in cold climates
- Works effectively with Baker Hughes Talon™ high-efficiency PDC drill bits
- Drills faster, farther, and longer
- Performs in virtually any environment
- Gives superior directional control, longer run life, improved ROP, and enhanced durability
Horizontal, deviated, and extended-reach wells
Contact our experts at Baker Hughes with your questions about this product:
- Product prices are quoted FCA, Sheldon Road, Houston, TX
- Orders may be picked up at the above location or, alternatively, BHGE will arrange transportation to the requested destination within the continental USA at cost
- Products are supplied on complete pallet loads for HSE reasons and to facilitate transportation