LATIBASE™ multifunctional, water-based drilling fluid additive (40lb sack)
The LATIBASE™ multifunctional, water-based drilling fluid additive is an unconventional, integrated formula for versatile applications in water-based fluids. The LATIBASE additive was instrumentally designed as a single product to provide standalone performance in express wells and all intermediate sections with moderate complexity levels.
The LATIBASE additive provides excellent filtration and rheology properties. It has the potential to displace a majority of commonly used viscosifiers and filtration control agents. Minor supplemental additions of bentonite and/or viscosifying polymer may be required for fine-tuning properties in some basins. The LATIBASE additive also enhances wellbore sealing and lubricity characteristics while providing alkalinity so that alkalinity control agents can be minimized or eliminated. The additive also demonstrates antifoaming attributes, reducing the need for defoamers at the rigsite.
Because of the low concentrations required to achieve desired properties, the LATIBASE additive has great potential to reduce logistical costs in both on- and offshore applications. When drilling on the surface or in intermediate, build-up, vertical, or lateral sections, the performance of the LATIBASE additive will enhance drilling efficiency, whether used as an additive or standalone product.
The LATIBASE additive should be added at a rate of 3 to 5 minutes per sack through a mixing hopper into the active mud system, or through a premixed volume of mud. For optimum results, use 1 to 7 lb/bbl (2.9 to 20 kg/m3 ) in freshwater systems and 3 to 10 lb/bbl (8.6 to 28.5 kg/m3 ) in high salinity systems, depending on desired properties and application. For best performance, preliminary pilot tests based on the specific drilling conditions where the LATIBASE additive is to be applied are recommended.
Safety Data Sheet (pdf)
- Provides desired fluid properties at low concentrations
- Reduces product additions and potential nonproductive time
- Ensures quick application
- Single-sack solution with small footprint
- Lessens the need for multiple products on rigsite
- Reduces logistical concerns
- Unconventional integrated formula
- Enables standalone performance in express wells and intermediate sections
- Provides foundation for mixing high-performance, water-based muds in deeper sections
- Works effectively with Baker Hughes Talon™ high-efficiency PDC drill bits
- Drills faster, farther, and longer
- Performs in virtually any environment
- Gives superior directional control, longer run life, improved rates of penetration, and enhanced durability
- On- and offshore rigs
- Horizontal, deviated, and extended-reach wells up to 275°F
- Freshwater or high-salinity systems
Contact our experts at Baker Hughes with your questions about this product:
- Product prices are quoted FCA, Sheldon Road, Houston, TX
- Orders may be picked up at the above location or, alternatively, BHGE will arrange transportation to the requested destination within the continental USA at cost
- Products are supplied on complete pallet loads for HSE reasons and to facilitate transportation