AQUA-MAGIC™ oil-free differential sticking preventative additive (55 gallon drum)
AQUA-MAGIC™ additive is an oil-free differential sticking preventative designed for use in water-base drilling fluids. This non-toxic additive is specially engineered to eliminate sticking while drilling or running casing through depleted (low pressure) zones. Drawing on a proprietary blend of glycol, asphalt and surfactant, AQUA-MAGIC™ reduces both static and dynamic filtration loss - providing a tough, thin filter cake and reducing torque and drag.
For optimum performance, treatment levels of 2 to 4% by volume are recommended. When running casing through a depleted zone, spot 10% by volume of the AQUA-MAGIC additive in the open hole through the zone. Subsequent maintenance requirements will depend on mud dilution.
Safety Data Sheet (pdf)
- Enhanced lubricity − Reduces torque and drag
- Provides a tough, thin filter cake − Improves wellbore integrity and stability − Prevents differential sticking
- Thermally stable to 300°F
- Water-based drilling fluids
- Depleted zones
- Anywhere differential sticking may occur
Contact our experts at Baker Hughes with your questions about this product:
Transportation is not restricted by international or U.S. regulatory agencies
- Product prices are quoted FCA, Sheldon Road, Houston, TX
- Orders may be picked up at the above location or, alternatively, BHGE will arrange transportation to the requested destination within the continental USA at cost
- Products are supplied on complete pallet loads for HSE reasons and to facilitate transportation