8.75 in. GX TCI Tricone Drill Bit, IADC 537
5 weeks from Texas
The family of Hughes Christensen GT™, GTX™, GX™ and STX™ tricone drill bits from Baker Hughes has accumulated significant field experience over the last decade, becoming the drill bits of choice for many operators and contractors in a variety of applications. These bits are built upon field-proven technologies, using high-quality materials and a superior manufacturing processes to provide reliable and consistent drilling performance.
- GX Hydraulics - GX bits offer both biased and unbiased hydraulic configurations fine-tuned for specific applications.
- Engineered Compact Shapes - Compact attributes are adjusted to optimize cutter durability and aggressiveness for a specific formation and application.
- Updrill Protection - Provides additional protection to the compensator and assists the drilling operation when backreaming is required.
- Shirttail Compacts - Tungsten carbide compacts are added to the shirttail to reduce leg wear in abrasive formations and deviated or horizontal wellbores.
- Motor Hardfacing - For additional protection in high-speed, directional, or abrasive applications, motor hardfacing can be applied. Tungsten carbide particle hardfacing is applied liberally along the shirttail and extended up the leading edge of the bit leg.
- Size: 8.75 in. (222.2 mm)
- Bit Type: GX-30
- IADC: 537
- Tooth Type: TCI
- Bearing / Seal Package: Journal / Shrouded O-ring
- Connection: 4-1/2 REG API
- Max. Weight on Bit: 25 - 57 klb (11 - 25 tn or kdaN)
- Rotational Speed: For Rotary and Motor Applications
- Make-up Torque: 12.0 - 16.0 kft-lb (16.3 - 21.7 kNm)