6.125 in. STX Steeltooth Tricone Drill Bit, IADC 117
5 weeks from Texas
The family of Hughes Christensen GT™, GTX™, GX™ and STX™ tricone drill bits from Baker Hughes has accumulated significant field experience over the last decade, becoming the drill bits of choice for many operators and contractors in a variety of applications. These bits are built upon field-proven technologies, using high-quality materials and a superior manufacturing processes to provide reliable and consistent drilling performance.
- Conventional drilling applications
- Rotary and motor applications
- Precision Bearing With SCA2000 Synthetic Grease - Optimized tolerances and lower friction characteristics of the lubrication system reduce wear in the bearing, broaden operating parameters, and provide extended bearing life.
- Clean Sweep Hydraulics - Biased nozzle configuration directs fluid toward areas where bit balling occurs. The Clean Sweep high-velocity core strikes heel and adjacent heel area on the backside of the cone.
- Shirttail Compacts - Tungsten carbide compacts are added to the shirttail to reduce leg wear in abrasive formations and deviated or horizontal wellbores.
- Updrill Protection - Provides additional protection to the compensator and assists the drilling operation when backreaming is required.
- Size: 6.125 in. (155.6 mm)
- Bit Type: STX-1
- IADC: 117
- Tooth Type: Steeltooth
- Bearing / Seal Package: Journal / O-ring
- Connection: 3-1/2 REG API
- Max. Weight on Bit: 12 - 27 klb (5 - 12 tn or kdaN)
- Rotational Speed: For Rotary and Motor Applications
- Make-up Torque: 7.0 - 9.0 kft-lb (9.5 - 12.2 kNm)