17.5 in. GTX Steeltooth Tricone Drill Bit, IADC 115
6 weeks from Texas
The family of Hughes Christensen GT™, GTX™, GX™ and STX™ tricone drill bits from Baker Hughes has accumulated significant field experience over the last decade, becoming the drill bits of choice for many operators and contractors in a variety of applications. These bits are built upon field-proven technologies, using high-quality materials and a superior manufacturing processes to provide reliable and consistent drilling performance.
- Conventional drilling applications
- Rotary and motor applications
- GTX Bearing - The GTX line features an O-ring sealed ball and roller bearing. These bits are recommended for high rpm drilling and directional applications where hole sections and hours on bit are reduced.
- Maximum Penetration - Aggressive drilling action because of very large cone offset and deep intermesh tooth design with good ventilation.
- Enhanced Gauge Wear Resistant - Full compliment of highly wear resistant carbide inserts and/or hardfacing located on the gauge.
- Center Jet - A fourth jet is positioned in the center of the bit and utilized to prevent bit balling and the associated reduction in penetration rate.
- Size: 17.5 in. (444.5 mm)
- Bit Type: GTX-CG1
- IADC: 115
- Tooth Type: Steeltooth
- Bearing / Seal Package: Two Row Roller / Shrouded O-ring
- Connection: 7-5/8 REG API
- Max. Weight on Bit: 30 - 72 klb (13 - 32 tn or kdaN)
- Rotational Speed: For Rotary and Motor Applications
- Make-up Torque: 34.0 - 40.0 kft-lb (46.1 - 54.2 kNm)