SURESENS 125 Downhole Gauge
Baker Hughes SureSENS™ 125 permanent monitoring downhole gauge is a measurement system designed for permanent installation in a downhole environment. The gauge system can measure static and dynamic pressure (and temperature) information, as well as artificial lift system parameters in electrical submersible pump (ESP) or hydraulic submersible pumps (HSP) applications. This information can be used to determine production performance, calculate reserves and input into reservoir simulations. The findings may also be used to determine reservoir characteristics and to control and optimize production rates.
The SureSENS 125 is a permanent gauge suitable for single or multipoint reservoir monitoring in either single or multiple gauge configurations. The system was developed for multiple-gauge multiple-sensor type applications. Each gauge assembly is constructed in Inconel® 718 (for wetted parts)1 and 17-4PH (for nonwetted parts). Metal-to-metal sealing technology is used for all primary gauge interfaces. Only two fittings are required to interface the gauge with the carrier—the pressure interface and the tubing encapsulated conductor (TEC).
Features and Benefits
The SureSENS 125 single or multiple gauge mechanical linear configuration is flexible, robust, straight forward and established.
- The SureSENS 125 gauge is supplied in either a single gauge, dual gauge (two pressure/temperature transducers with single electronics), twin gauge (two pressure/temperature transducer with independent electronics) or triple gauge linear design configurations, giving the ideal combination of options for all permanent monitoring applications.
- Suitable for high pressure applications of up to 25,000 psi (and 257°F).
- Pressure integrity is maximized—all gauge external components incorporate metal-to-metal sealing and the connections between the downhole cable/gauge and gauge/carrier are pressure testable to ensure pressure integrity prior to deployment. This sealing technology provides the ultimate pressure integrity configuration for the downhole gauge, ensuring long-lasting performance in downhole pressure applications and confidence prior to deployment.
- Materials are fully compliant with NACE MR0175, giving long-lasting performance in hostile downhole conditions.
- The pressure porting is configured on the carrier. Thus, minimizing the backup requirement for gauges with different pressure porting configurations.
- Flexible porting options can be used for tubing, annulus or remote pressure monitoring, or in differential pressure applications such as fluid density and flow measurement. Additional monitoring opportunities exist in multiple gauge applications such as multiple zone or intelligent well applications, or alternatively, to provide redundancy for crucial pressure measurements in long life subsea projects.
- The gauge to carrier pressure interface is via a manifold. This provides a reliable pressure interface, which is testable and easy to assemble, especially during installation in multidrop applications, minimizing any potential slack in downhole cable and ensuring minimal makeup time.
- All feedthrough connections are inside the gauge. Therefore, no Y-splices or additional external connections are required for multidrop applications, resulting in increased system reliability as onsite assembled connections are reduced. •
The SureSENS 125 gauge architecture is based on company proprietary telemetry with industry leading functionality and performance.
- The SureSENS 125 gauge can update the interface card with pressure and temperature data from each gauge connected to the downhole line in less than one second - This provides fast, stable data for pressure shut-in and buildup profiling.
- SureSENS 125 has additional sensor functionality for artificial lift applications. The SureSENS 125 ESP pod can monitor ESP motor winding temperature (MWT) and X/Y vibration for downhole or subsea booster ESP applications. For HSP, the SureSENS 125 speed probe can monitor the pump shaft speed and X/Y vibration.
- The gauge incorporates world leading transducer technology, which provides the ultimate pressure and temperature accuracy measurements, consistently and reliably, for any types of downhole sensor technology with the minimal level of sensor drift over the lifetime of a project, making this combination of gauge and transducer the only choice for permanent monitoring applications where downhole data information and system reliability are critical.
- In addition to the primary sensor data, the system can also transmit secondary diagnostic data which provides health check data on the performance of the downhole gauge system, which is used to optimize system performance.
- The system can be configured to deploy multiple gauges on a singe downhole cable. Additionally, within each gauge, there is protection circuitry to isolate a faulty gauge from the cable, thus mitigating against a single gauge failure that could affect the whole system. This is important for multiple zone or intelligent well applications.
- The SureSENS 125 gauge assembly system has been designed and qualified for permanent deployment in challenging environmental conditions. Since its launch, it has achieved excellent system reliability in many complex permanent monitoring applications.
- The SureSENS 125 gauge has a proven track record in a wide portfolio of challenging applicationsand has been deployed reliably in oil and gas production wells, gas and water injection wells, observation wells, single or multiple zone applications, land, offshore and subsea applications around the world.
- The SureSENS 125 architecture has had over 700 pressure/temperature gauges installed in over 130 intelligent completions, ranging from two-zone to six-zone applications. Twelve gauges have been successfully deployed on a single downhole cable in a number of six-zone completion installations.
- The SureSENS 125 architecture has added functionality incorporated which enables reliable operation and data integrity in ESP environments, enabling monitoring of ESP artificial lift parameters or reservoir parameters in downhole and subsea booster applications.
- The SureSENS 125 system has the full suite of subsea interface cards for all the major subsea controls vendors, both conventional systems and Intelligent Well Interface Standard (IWIS).
- The SureSENS 125 system has evolved since its launch, continuously improving performance and reliability figures, giving operators the confidence that electronic gauge systems can provide downhole sensor data for the lifetime of the project.
SURESENS 125 Downhole Gauge
1.5" Single Gauge
125 deg C
Quartz V2 1 PT
This item is new and ships from Velsen-Noord, Netherlands.