Sliding Sleeve, CD-6000
The Model CD 6000™ series sliding sleeve is a high performance, equalizing sliding sleeve which allows communication between the tubing and annulus for circulation or selective-zone production. When desired, the sleeve can be shifted open or closed using standard wireline methods and a B™ type shifting tool. The sleeve is available in a CD™ downshift-to-open version.
The communication ports are designed to have a large area so that there will be no restriction to the flow of liquids or gases when the sleeve is open. The only restriction in this sleeve is the area through the sealbore.
- Seal bore packers
Features and Benefits
- A specially designed diffuser ring made of high strength thermoplastic is critically spaced between the flow ports and the upper packing unit. This prevents damage to the upper packing unit during shifting by controlling the rush of fluid or gas, and lessens the likelihood of tool string damage by providing for slow equalization of high differentials
- Mill slots replace drill holes as flow ports on both the housing and the insert to allow more flow area, reduce erosion and allow higher torque and tensile strength through the sleeve
- Locating the threaded connection inside the primary seal stack eliminates the need for o-ring thread seals and reduces the number of potential leak paths.
- A locking, angled torque shoulder replaces traditional square shoulder to allow higher torques and reduce thread back off
- Modular design permits conversion from a Model CD 6000 to Model CU 6000 or vice versa by only changing the upper and lower subs
- To learn more or to request technical help visit our product page.
- Download the product brochure here.
Note: Other options are available but may require a longer lead time. For order assistance, please contact us by sending us an email for more information.