RTD-II EXTERNAL CASING PACKER - 7 IN, 26 LB/FT CASING
RTD-II™ (Rib Type, Top Draw)
The RTD-II External Casing Packer (ECP) has an inflatable element with continuous rib type reinforcing. The ribs are stainless steel straps that overlap each other and form a steel shell when the element is expanded. The OD of the tool is 1-1/8" to 2-3/8" larger than the OD of the casing on which it is run. When the tool expands the top end of the element will draw down so the tool can be inflated.
The RTD-II and RTDX-II are manufactured using ISOZONE™ Valve Collars which improves the pressure capability of the valve collar because of improved welding techniques.
The ECP can be used as a cementing packer and for zone isolation in completions having no cement.The ECP performs the following functions:
- Zone Isolation- Seals wellbore between zones either as a backup for the cement or as the seal
- Protects Cement- Channeling damage is prevented by blocking movement of gas or fluid and cement is allowed to set undisturbed
- Protects Sensitive Formations- Sensitive formations are isolated from cement and protected from damage
- Allows Cementing Deep Well Without Damaging Lower Zones- Deep wells can be stage cemented to protect the lower zones from the long column of cement.
- Proper Cement Distribution- The ECP centralizes casing in the hole to ensure even cement distribution around casing.