438 Special QUIK Drill Composite Ball Type Frac Plug
12 - 16 weeks
The 438 Special QUIK Drill™ Ball Type Composite Frac Plug is a millable/drillable well isolation device with hydraulic deployment capabilities. The plug can be deployed through the vertical section of the well on wireline and then hydraulically pumped through the remaining horizontal section to the desired setting depth and then set with the E-4™ Wireline Pressure Setting Assembly (Size 20 Part No. H4370220E4RT). The 438 Special QUIK Drill Ball Type Frac Plug utilizes a composite ball to isolate the zones below the plug from the stimulation or treatment applications occurring above. The plug can be run with the ball on seat or the ball can be dropped prior to the frac job. This frac plug can be quickly removed with conventional milling tools or a workover bit once applications are complete. Once the ball is dropped, this plug will provide isolation whenever the pressure above the tool is greater than the pressure below the tool. Comingled testing and production of zones both above and below the tool can occur once a higher pressure differential from below is established. The operator can independently treat or test each zone, and then remove multiple frac plugs in an under balanced environment in one trip with a power swivel and workover bit on threaded tubing. The composite tools can also be removed in one trip with coiled tubing deployed downhole motors, and milling tools.
Casing O.D: 5.5 in.
Casing Weight: 15.5 - 23 lb/ft
Pressure Rating: 12,000 psi above, 9,000 psi below
Temperature Rating: 70 - 3275°F
Max Tool O.D: 4.375 in.
- Engineered for use in horizontal or vertical applications
- Designed for hydraulic pump down deployment on wireline
- Plug moves at higher speeds with lower pump rates during deployment
- Smaller quantities of fluid required to pump the plug to depth
- Ability to deploy longer strings of perforating guns in a single run
- Shorter deployment times
- Ball Drop feature allows for flow back before isolation
- Ball Drop feature allows for additional tools to be pumped before isolation
- Composite material properties maximize cutting removal efficiency
- Ball made from easily millable composite material
- No brass rings or tungsten carbide buttons left in the hole that could inhibit drill-out
- Multiple plugs can be run to isolate multiple zones
- Dual clutching mechanism keeps multiple plugs from rotating during drillout
- Large slip contact area effectively bites into casing and secures the plug in place